The Moneybutt Home Page
Well, I don't think anyone expected the East Bay Express would do a short feature on Moneybutt, but life is strange. In case they ever come to their senses and yank the article, I've mirrored it
- Moneybutt v11 (12/30/05)
- Tag Team Choices
- More User Preferences
- Voting in Categories
- Only big pictures get scaled down.
- Simple Chat Feature
- Script Timeout in 15 sec to avoid Server-Eating Zombie Processes
- Standings only every 10 votes (saving enough bandwidth for Moneybutt to be live full-time)
- (admin) Category management, image management, better vote logging.
- Moneybutt 3: Hinder Pot
- users can submit new pictures and new entities
- no repeat pairs offered (for variety and to prevent easy ballot stuffing)
- google link for entities (vital since so many strange entities were submitted)
- report bad links link plus slick admin page to deal with complaints
- scale pictures to 400 pixels wide with option to see original picture
- calculate your effect on the standings
- link to chat thread on Athletics Nation
- Painful Choices (every 25 votes, a forced choice between two top- or bottom- vote-getters). It took a while to get this right, but it's pretty good now... we alternate between top and bottom, rotate through the top and bottom five pairs and alternate between allowing perfect records (usually the newest entities) and not. The choice cannot be skipped.
- (admin) merge and delete entities
- Moneybutt 2: Hinderlord
- individual accounts
- voting totals tracked
- statistics comparing voting patterns to other users
- user levels and badges
- public lists of standings, revealing the badges earned by people behind, but not in front of you
- random names (e.g. Buttking Beatup)
- Moneybutt 1.1: Athletics Nation Ass
- Randomly choose from a selection of different pictures,
so I could use everyone's contributed pictures.
- Moneybutt 1:
Athletics Nation Ass Smackdown
- random pairs of pictured players offered for
- player standings with wins, losses, and rating
- originally, an amusingly sophisticated Chess/FIBS style
ranking system was installed; this was replaced by popular
demand with a simple win %.
- instant updating of standings
- very fast response
Who's Fault Is This?
The coding was done by Eric Hsu. Many ideas came from the motley crew at Athletics Nation (check the threads... search for Moneybutt).